Career Development Project
The CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROJECT includes a Regional Vocational Assessment Center and an Employment Service Program, and is part of the Regional Transition Center at West Bay Collaborative. Funding for this project is provided through a Cooperative Agreement between the RI Office of Rehabilitation Services, and the RI Department of Education.
WE ASSIST STUDENTS IN THE AREAS OF...
- Career Exploration
- Job Development
- Job Placement
- Job Coaching
- Vocational Assessment and Evaluation
OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS...
- Interview the potential student candidate
- Provide initial job instruction and guidelines of workplace expectations
- Provide student and program staff with feedback on performance
- Complete a student evaluation at the end of the assessment period
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROJECT STAFF...
- Meet with employers to discuss the program and answer questions
- Complete a job analysis to identify areas within a company that are potential matches for our students
- Assist in orientation and training
- Provide on-going support to employer and student
- Provide technical assistance regarding the Adults with Disabilities Act
Please click here to download our brochure: CDP Brochure
For more information, please contact:
Vocational Services Coordinator Jennifer Doucette or call 401.941.8353 x121